This is an Agreement valid for both buyers and sellers. You can find an overview of our policies here. All policies, the Mobile Device Terms, and the User Privacy Notice are incorporated into this User Agreement. You agree to comply with all of the above when accessing or using our Services.
- If you reside in the United Kingdom you are entering into a contract with SoloEbay, Kemp House, 152 – 160, City Road, London. EC1V 2NX.
- If you reside outside the UK you are entering into a contract with SoloEbay, Aryad North P.O, Alappuzha, Kerala, India – 688538.
SoloEbay is an e-commerce website that allows users to offer, sell and buy anything in a variety of pricing formats and locations. SoloEbay does not have control of anything listed or sold through our platform and is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. The contract for the sale is directly between buyer and seller. SoloEbay is not a conventional auctioneer.
While we may provide pricing, postage, listing and other guidance in our Services, such guidance is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. SoloEbay does review users’ listings or content. While we may provide some kind of help when some disputes occurred. SoloEbay have no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users’ content, listings or feedback; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
Sellers must have a valid payment method and should update with SoloEbay at all times. You are also authorized SoloEbay to automatically charge your chosen payment method in accordance with this User Agreement and the applicable billing agreement(s) you are agreeing to when setting up or changing your payment method, for future charges and fees incurred in relation to the Services provided by SoloEbay. This includes, but is not limited to, amounts owed for SoloEbay fees, SoloEbay Money Back Guarantee reimbursements and postage labels. SoloEbay will notify you of these charges.
A concern with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in unsuitable categories or areas on our sites.
- breach of any laws, third party rights or our systems or policies.
- sell any simulated items or otherwise the contravene of the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
- use of our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services.
- fail to pay for the items purchased by you unless you have a valid reason as set out our policy, the seller has significantly changed the item’s description after your bid, a clear appearance error is made, or you cannot contact the seller.
- fail to deliver items sold by you as our customer, unless you have a valid reason to comply with our policies, for example, the buyer fails to set it out with the terms posted in your listing, or you are unable to contact the buyer.
- handling the price of any item or interfere with any other user’s listings.
- false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content.
- take any action that may erode the Feedback or rating systems.
- transfer your SoloEbay account and SoloEbay user ID to another party without our consent.
- distribute or post spam, unsought or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
- use the contact information of other users for any purpose other than in relation to a specific SoloEbay transaction in terms of establishing external links for external business.
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm SoloEbay or SoloEbay’s assets.
- violation of the copyright, trademark, patent, moral, database or other intellectual property rights that belong to or are licensed to us.
- violation of any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belong to you.
- bringing in or otherwise collect information about users, such as email addresses, without their consent.
If you are registering with SoloEbay as a business seller/buyer, you represent that you have the authority to legally bind that entity. If you are trading as a business on SoloEbay, you must comply with all applicable laws relating to online trading for the site you are selling on.
You agree that we will commence supplying our services to you as soon as you accept this User Agreement. You can cancel this User Agreement under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. We may recover the cost of any services provided up to the point of cancellation.
If (1) we believe you are violating the policy on Offers to buy or sell outside of SoloEbay, we may limit a range of actions, including limits on your buying and selling privileges, restrictions on listings and account features, suspension of your account, application of fees for the introduction of seller to buyer; and (2) you are a seller and you offer or reference your contact information or ask for the buyer’s contact information in the context of buying or selling outside of SoloEbay, you will be liable for all final value fees in consideration for the introduction to a buyer for that item on the SoloEbay site, even if the item does not sell. We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time.
How We Use Your Data
We use your personal data to provide goods and services to you and to enter into and manage any credit accounts or financial services products you may have with us.
We will use your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide goods and services and to manage your retail account including administering payments, returns and responding to queries.
- To assess whether to offer you a credit facility and for ongoing administration of any credit facility. This includes accessing and sharing information with the Credit Reference Agencies.
- To manage any financial services products that you have.
- To manage any prize draw or competition you may enter.
- To analyze your shopping preferences or how you interact with or use our websites.
- For research and statistical purposes.
- To send you special offers or discounts and to tell you about our products and services. You control your preferences in respect of how your personal data is used for marketing and you can change these preferences when you log in to My Account.
- To record and monitor outbound and inbound telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent or detect fraud, to resolve queries and complaints and for performance management and training purposes.
We will collect personal data directly from you when you purchase goods or services, apply for a credit account or other financial services products, or change any of your details (such as your name or address) via My Account. We require you to provide personal data in order to assess whether to enter into a contract with you or to perform our contract with you and if you do not provide the personal data we request, we will be unable to enter into or fulfill this contract.
We obtain data from third-party sources such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and publicly available information relating to you on the internet (for example on social media websites).
We may also obtain personal data from third-party companies for the purposes of sending marketing communications to you. Such marketing communication may be sent by ourselves or by the third parties. These third parties must check you have given your permission for such contacts to take place.
Why We Need Your Personal Data
We need to process your personal data for a number of different reasons and these are our legal bases for processing.
We rely on one or more of the following legal bases for processing personal data:
- To perform our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you.
- To fulfill our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
Examples of our legitimate interests are direct marketing, fraud prevention, preventing and investigating crime, assessing affordability and creditworthiness and IT security.
- To comply with legal obligations to which our business is subject.
If we are relying on consent as our legal basis to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
We will keep your personal data for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and only for as long as any legal basis continues to apply.
- Ensuring we have relevant information in the event of any queries or complaints.
- Being able to identify if you have purchased a product which is subject to a product recall.
- Being able to service any product or service guarantee you have purchased.
- To assist with the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
The length of time we need to keep the personal data will vary depending on the nature of the personal data and the reason we are obliged to hold it. We will apply appropriate risk-based measures to protect your personal data.
Who We Transfer Data To
Transferring personal data to other organizations needs to take place with appropriate safeguards and you can be assured that we will only share the personal data that is needed for these organizations to be able to provide the right service to you or support us in doing so.
We may transfer your personal data to the following third parties:
- Other companies within the SoloEbay – including for credit assessment purposes or for fraud prevention purposes.
- Technology service providers – our partners who provide IT and website services.
- Customer service providers – our partners who work with us to administer your account and provide you with any help you may need.
- Telephony providers – our partners who provide telephone services and functionality.
- Delivery companies – our couriers, parcel firms, and mail firms who deliver your goods or services and manage any returns on our behalf.
- Distributors and manufacturers of goods – our partners who fulfill orders and deliver products to you and manage any returns on our behalf.
- Product service providers – our partners who provide products and services such as insurance or extended warranties.
- Marketing service providers – our partners who work with us to make sure we send your information about products, services and special offers that are of interest to you.
- Data pool facilitators – we may share and pool information (on an anonymous basis or otherwise) with other third-party retailers or financial service providers. This may help up to improve our products and quality of service to all customers.
- Debt collectors, tracing agencies, debt purchasers or organizations providing debt support – our partners who help us to recover debts, who purchase debts or who offer debt advice and support.
- Regulators and other governmental agencies or law enforcement agencies.
We will only transfer your personal data to third parties who adhere to appropriate data security standards and controls. From time to time we may need to transfer your personal data to other countries. Where this is the case, we will ensure that the transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data and complies with applicable law which may include having standard contractual clauses in place with the third party. For further information on how data can be transferred to other countries, please find enclosed a link to the European Commission website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data and we have processes to enable you to exercise these rights.
Right of Access
This is known as a Subject Access Request. If you want to know if we are processing personal data relating to you and to have access to any such personal data you can mail us on [email protected]
Right to Rectification
If you believe that we hold inaccurate personal data about you, then you can either update this information directly by logging in to My Account and updating the relevant details or you can request that we carry out a review by emailing us on [email protected]. Depending on the type of personal data you believe is inaccurate, we may ask you for further proof to ensure that the personal data is being corrected properly. If we are satisfied that the personal data is inaccurate we will make the necessary changes.
Right to Erasure
You have a right to ask for your personal data to be erased in certain circumstances. However, this right does not apply where we have to comply with a legal obligation or where we need personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Therefore we cannot comply with an erasure request where you have a retail shopping account, owe money on a credit facility or have otherwise bought products and services for which we must keep records. In addition, if you opt out of marketing communications or have previously opted out of marketing communications, we have to keep a record or such opt out to ensure that we don’t contact you in the future.
Right to Restriction
You have a right to request that processing of personal data is restricted in certain circumstances. However, we shall still continue to process the personal data for storage purposes, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or with your consent
Right to Object
Where we are relying on legitimate interests as a legal basis to process your data, you have a right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation.
If you object to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, we will opt you out of marketing. You can do this by logging into My Account and amending your preferences or you can call our Customer Services on 0044 788 23456 10. You may also object to other processing when we rely on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing, but we do not have to stop the processing if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing (taking into account our processing activities, the nature of our business and our legitimate interests) and that these grounds override your interests, rights, and freedoms or in the event that we need the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. To enable us to consider any objection we will need to know what specific interests, rights or freedoms relating to the particular situation you believe will potentially be put at risk by our processing. If we do stop processing your personal data (apart from for direct marketing purposes), this may affect our ability to trade with you.
From time to time, in deciding whether to enter into a contract with you or during the ongoing performance of a contract, we take decisions based on automated processing which produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects you, for example, deciding whether to offer a credit facility or assessing a fraud risk. We use data from a variety of sources in our automated processing for credit scoring and fraud decision making and we use statistical methods to produce the results. This logic helps us understand the risk posed by individuals by placing a weighting on certain criteria which are then calculated to give an overall score.
There are a number of consequences of such automated processing:
- If any of our sellers decide to offer you other credit terms such as buy now pay later or interest-free credit which will facilitate your purchase of goods and services.
- We may refuse your application for credit or we may decide not to offer certain credit products which may have an impact on your ability to purchase goods and services from us. This is in line with our obligations as a responsible lender as we have to assess affordability for credit purposes and to protect customers from financial distress and difficulty.
- We may conduct a further review or request additional information from you in relation to your request to purchase goods and services if our fraud decision making highlights any issues.
We also use automated processing in relation to the information we hold about you to make recommendations of products and services we think you would be interested in and to improve your experience when you visit our website by making it relevant and tailored to you.
Right to Portability
In certain circumstances, you can request that we provide to you your personal data in a commonly used format. If you wish to make such a request you can mail us on [email protected].
Right to Complain to the Information Commissioner
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner and more details can be found on their website www.ico.org.uk.
In order to process your application and during our relationship with you, we will perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies (‘CRAs’).
To do this, we will supply your personal information to CRAs and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.
We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product.
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us.
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering.
- Manage your account(s).
- Trace and recover debts.
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
Before we provide services, goods or financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data about you.
What We Process & Share
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties may include your:
- Title, first name, middle names and last name
- Address (including delivery address)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Registration/login details and passwords
- Order history
- Debit/credit card details
- Bank details
- PayPal account information
- Marketing and communication preferences
- Communications with us (including in written and telephone communication and notes of visits)
- Device Information.
- Advertising Identifiers.
- Geo Location.
- Social Media Information.
- Consumer Preferences.
- Company and VAT Details.
- Identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected devices including your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Other information collected in relation to your use of our products, services and the Sites. We do not collect children’s personal information and the services provided by us are not directed to individuals under the age of 18.
When we and fraud prevention agencies process your personal data, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also necessary to enable us to enter into and perform our contracts with you.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area.
They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to:
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
- Request that your personal data is erased or corrected.
- Request access to your personal data.
How to Contact Us
If you have any queries about how we use your information or on data protection generally please mail to us at [email protected].
From time to time we may contact you with details on special promotional offers or products that we think you would be interested in, via Email, Telephone, SMS, and Post or from specially selected Third Parties, if you do not want to receive these communications you can mail to us at [email protected]. Please state which contact method you wish to be removed from (existing customers should provide their Account Number). Please clearly state whether you wish to be removed from Very communications, communications from Third Parties, or both.
We may limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) from accessing to our Services, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, delay or remove hosted content, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
1.we believe that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities such restrictions will improve the security of the SoloEbay community or reduce our or another SoloEbay user’s exposure to financial liabilities/you are infringing the rights of third parties;
2.despite our reasonable endeavors, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or you fail to make full payment of any fees due for our Services by your payment due date.
We may choose to be more benevolent with policy enforcement and to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.
The fees that we charge for using our Services are listed on our Seller fees page. We may change our fees, or introduce new fees from time to time. We will update the changes via SoloEbay message 14 days in advance.
If you are a seller, you are liable for transaction fees arising out of all sales made using some or all SoloEbay Services, even if sales terms are finalized or payment is made outside of SoloEbay. In addition, if you are a seller and you offer or reference your contact information or ask for a buyer’s contact information, you may be liable to pay a final value fee in consideration for the introduction to a buyer for that item on the SoloEbay site, even if the item does not actually sell. You are required to have a payment method on file when selling on SoloEbay.
Selling Terms & Conditions
When listing an item, you agree to comply with the rules for listing and selling practices policy and that:
- You are responsible for the accuracy, content, and legality of the item listed and agree to list in accordance with the prohibited and Restricted Items policy.
- SoloEbay does not guarantee any manner of exact listing duration.
- Content that violates any of SoloEbay’s policies may be modified or deleted at SoloEbay’s discretion.
- We will revise data in the SoloEbay product catalog to supplement, remove, or correct information you have provided.
- Where your listing appears in search and browses results may be based on certain factors such as listing format, title, end time, keywords, price and postage cost, Feedback, SoloEbay policy compliance and detailed seller ratings.
- SoloEbay’s duplicate listing policy may also affect whether your listing appears in search results.
- Meta-tags and URL links that are included in a listing may be removed.
- Some optional upgrade features will only be visible on certain SoloEbay Services.
- The Business Sellers must have to show their Company number and VAT on their Profile (Store Front).
- The prices listed on our platforms are inclusive of VAT via the sellers.
Buying Terms & Conditions
When buying an item, you agree to comply with the rules for buyers and that:
- You are responsible for reading the full item description before making a purchase.
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item, or if you have the winning bid (or your bid is otherwise accepted).
- For motor vehicles and real estate (property) listed in the Classified Ad format, a bid or offer is not binding but expresses a buyer’s serious interest in the item.
- If you purchase an item on a SoloEbay site other than SoloEbay.com you are subject to the User Agreement of that other SoloEbay site solely with respect to that particular purchase.
Sellers and buyers are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations applicable to international sales, purchases, and postage of items. You may stop your listings from appearing on international sites by excluding international postage locations from your listings. By selecting international postage you authorize SoloEbay, in its discretion, to display your listings on SoloEbay sites other than the original listing site but acknowledge that your listings may not appear on some or all of these sites. When you sell your items internationally, you agree to be subject to that other site’s policies, and you agree to be subject to and accept SoloEbay’s International Selling Agreement.
SoloEbay tries to offer well-grounded data, we cannot promise that catalog content will always be accurate and up-to-date, and you agree that you will not hold us or our catalog providers responsible for inaccuracies. If you choose to include catalog content in your listings, you continue to be responsible for ensuring that your listings are accurate, do not include misleading information and fully comply with this User Agreement.
Sellers can create rules to automate returns and refunds under certain circumstances. For all new sellers, SoloEbay will set a default rule that automates the return process for some or all listings. Sellers may remove or customize their returns preferences in their account settings within My SoloEbay. Where returns have been set to automatically accept requests, a SoloEbay return postage label will be provided to your buyer. You agree to comply with SoloEbay returns policies.
When an item is returned, to refund the buyer, either you can issue the refund by yourself or you authorize us to request PayPal to reverse the refund amount from your PayPal account. If the buyer returns an item because it does not match the listing description, sellers will usually be responsible for return postage costs.
When a transaction is canceled, and you choose to refund the buyer via SoloEbay, you authorize SoloEbay to request PayPal to reverse the refund amount from the seller’s PayPal account to the buyer.
SoloEbay Money Back Guarantee
Most SoloEbay sales go smoothly, but if there’s a problem with a purchase, the SoloEbay Money Back Guarantee helps buyers and sellers communicate and resolve issues. The SoloEbay Money Back Guarantee policy is part of this User Agreement. You agree to comply with the policy and permit us to make a final decision on any case.
Sellers must have set a payment method on file with SoloEbay. Sellers can change this payment method by contacting SoloEbay. If we resolve a case in the buyer’s favor, or if a seller chooses to compensate a buyer, SoloEbay may notify PayPal of the relevant case and remove funds from the seller’s PayPal account to compensate the buyer for the full cost of the item and postage. Where there are insufficient funds in the seller’s PayPal account, we will directly refund the buyer and charge the seller’s designated payment method.
For this purpose, you as a seller:
1.authorize SoloEbay to request PayPal to collect or reverse variable amounts from your PayPal account to carry out a buyer compensation;
2.authorize SoloEbay to request PayPal to collect or reverse variable amounts in other currency holdings from your PayPal account to carry out a buyer compensation where you do not have sufficient funds available in the transaction currency;
3.authorize SoloEbay to charge the payment method you select to recover the amount we pay to the buyer and place the reimbursement amount on the seller invoice, including but not limited to the cost of return postage labels.
You acknowledge and agree that your authorizations above will be made on a recurring basis and on various dates as required by us to implement the terms of the SoloEbay Money Back Guarantee policy.
One of the ways that we may make SoloEbay.com listings available to international buyers on SoloEbay.com and on our international sites is through the International Shipping. For items that are located in the UK and that are purchased from you by an international buyer in a country eligible for the International Shipping, you will post the item to a shipping center located in the UK. A third party global technology and shipping provider will oversee the processing, customs clearance, and international postage of the item to your buyer. For items that are purchased by international buyers through the International Shipping, buyers will pre-pay any applicable postage and import charges during checkout and will benefit from international tracking of the item from the shipping center to delivery.
SoloEbay may choose to make your listings available to international buyers through the International Shipping unless you opt out of the shipping at either an account, country or listing level. By not opting out of the programme, you will also be acknowledging that you have read and agreed to the International Shipping Seller Terms and Conditions and that they will apply to you as a seller and to all of your eligible new and existing listings. These terms include, among other important provisions:
- a third-party agreement for the parcel processing, customs clearance (non-EU), and international shipping and tracking services, including your consent to the disclosure of certain personal information to third parties in connection with those services.
- an authorization for third parties to act in your place to facilitate the export clearance of items that you sell through the International Shipping outside the EU.
- an acknowledgment that you agree and are responsible for ensuring that your listings and items are compliant with applicable overseas laws and regulations.
- a description of the items that are ineligible for the programme and restrictions on the value, weights, and dimensions of items that may be sold through the programme.
- a list of countries that are eligible for the programme; and policies governing the handling of lost, damaged, and undeliverable items, returns, and the resolution of SoloEbay Money Back Guarantee claims for items that you sell.
SoloEbay may add certain delivery options to your listings, in order to help improve buyer experience (Royal Mail, Parcel Force, DHL, DPD, etc.).
Terms of Liability
We try to keep SoloEbay and its Services safe, secure and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. Bid update and other notification functionality in SoloEbay’s Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond SoloEbay’s control.
We (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, agents and employees) shall not be liable to you in contract, leading to legal liabilities or otherwise for any business losses, such as loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by us arising, directly or indirectly from:
- your use of or your inability to use SoloEbay Services.
- pricing, postage or other guidance provided by SoloEbay.
- delays or disruptions in SoloEbay Services.
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, SoloEbay Services.
- bugs, sudden malfunctions, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in SoloEbay Services.
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any SoloEbay Service.
- the content, actions, or in-actions of third parties, including items listed using SoloEbay Services or the destruction of allegedly fake items.
- a suspension or other action is taken with respect to your account or breach of the Abusing SoloEbay.
- the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results as set out in the Listing conditions section; or you need to modify practices, content, or behavior or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. This is especially so if you are a consumer. You accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under laws applying to you and the legality of any items you list on any of SoloEbay sites. Although we use techniques that aim to verify the accuracy and truth of the information provided by our users, user verification on the internet is difficult. SoloEbay cannot and does not confirm, and is not responsible for ensuring, the accuracy or truthfulness of users’ purported identities or the validity of the information which they provide to us or post on our sites.
Terms of Compensation
You will compensate us in full (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur arising out of any breach by you of this User Agreement, your improper use of SoloEbay’s Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
Terms of Legal Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and SoloEbay, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by contacting SoloEbay Resolution Hub(SRH). We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures. Any claim, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with this User Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of India, England, and Wales. You and SoloEbay both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
SoloEbay is made up of the brands. If relevant, we may target you with an advert for one of our brands other than the website you visited.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your device by a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) that may hold information about your previous visits to SoloEbay site and may contain personal data relating to you. SoloEbay uses this information to offer you a more personal browsing experience and to enhance your use of our websites. By using SoloEbay site you consent to cookies being used in accordance with SoloEbay policy. For more information on privacy, personal data, and cookies, visit the official ICO website: @ www.ico.gov.uk, www.dataprotection.ie, www.aboutcookies.co.uk or www.whatarecookies.com.
What do cookies do?
Cookies perform many different tasks on our website; however, their key role is to remember your preferences so we can give you an improved service. If you’ve ever placed items in your basket, had to leave our site and returned later to find the items still in your basket, this is an example of one of our cookies in action. Cookies also ensure that any adverts you see online both on SoloEbay website and on third-party websites will be more relevant to your interests.
How do cookies help when you visit SoloEbay site?
Cookies allow us to treat you as an individual; using knowledge gained from your previous visits and preferences we can tailor SoloEbay site so that it is more personal to you, allows you greater interactivity and is easier to use.
Why are we telling you this?
To ensure you are completely aware of the types of cookies we use and to enable us to continue to bring you the best possible shopping experience, we are giving you a detailed outline of the cookies we use and their unique role in your shopping experience.
Types of cookies
Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies enable you to navigate our site and gain full access to its features and secure areas. Without these cookies, essential services you have asked for like ‘Your Basket’ cannot be provided.
Performance cookies – These cookies remember information about how you and other customers use our website. This gives us vital information such as which pages are visited most often and if customers are receiving error messages from certain pages. The role of these cookies is to allow us to analyze and improve the performance of our website ensuring you receive a consistent look, feel and shopping experience. Performance cookies (often known as web analytic cookies) don’t collect any information that identifies the customer and all information collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Functionality cookies – These cookies remember choices you made on previous visits to our site such as your username, language or region so we can provide enhanced, more personal features. They can also be used to remember changes you’ve made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages you can customize. Functionality cookies can also be used to provide services you have previously asked for such as watching videos or commenting on a blog. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other sites.
Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to your personal interests. Alongside this, they limit the number of times you see an advert and measure the effectiveness of adverts. This means you won’t keep seeing irrelevant adverts or the same adverts over and over. These cookies are usually placed by trusted third parties (such as advertising networks) who we have a relationship with. They remember that you have visited a website and what pages you have viewed and the information within the cookie is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. These third parties may combine data which we share with data from other sources such as other websites or mobile applications. This combined data may then be used to ensure that we can better target you with products and services that are relevant to you. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organizations that generate the advert. In line with Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) guidelines, all our adverts carry the clearly displayed AdChoices icon. Clicking the AdChoices icon will give you access to information about privacy and behavioral advertising and allow you to quickly opt out of receiving further adverts. For more information visit www.youradchoices.com or to learn more about the IAB’s Online Behavioural Advertising Framework click here. Please note that by opting out of receiving adverts from one browser, device or app will not necessarily opt you out of all such adverts from all browsers, devices or apps
Can I disable cookies from your website?
It is possible to stop your browser accepting cookies from particular websites. However, disabling cookies from our site will mean you lose a lot of functionality, which will have a detrimental impact on your shopping experience and mean that you only have limited access to personalized areas of the site. Without access to the information on these cookies, it is difficult for us to analyze the performance of our site. This is essential for us to continually improve our service.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works and you will need to have cookies enabled to place an order. If you don’t wish to enable cookies, you’ll only be able to browse the site.
How to check cookies are enabled for PC
Click ‘Tools’ in the menu bar at the top of your browser and select ‘Internet Options’
Click the ‘Privacy’ tab and set the slider to medium to allow cookies
Click on ‘Tools’ in the menu bar at the top of your browser and select ‘Options’
Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, in the ‘Privacy’ section select the ‘Content settings’ button
Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Click on ‘Tools’ in the menu bar at the top of your browser and select ‘Options’
Select the ‘Privacy’ Icon and click ‘Cookies’
Select ‘Allow sites to set cookies’
Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser and select ‘Preferences’
Click on ‘Security’; check the ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’ box
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Click ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser and select ‘Preferences’
Select ‘Security’ and ‘Accept Cookies’
Select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Click ‘Firefox’ button at top of the browser and select ‘Privacy’ panel
Select ‘Firefox will’ and select ‘Use custom settings for history’
Check ‘Accept cookies from sites and ‘Accept third-party cookies’
Select Keep until ‘they expire’ and click ‘OK’
Click ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser and select ‘Preferences’
Scroll down to ‘Cookies’ and select ‘Never Ask’
Select ‘Menu’ from top of the browser and click ‘Settings’
Select ‘Quick Preferences’ and click ‘Enable Cookies’
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us from claims, demands, and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. We may amend this User Agreement at any time by email, or via the Messages section of My SoloEbay or by posting the amended terms on www.soloebay.com. All amended terms shall automatically be effective 14 days after they are initially posted. Your continued use of our Services after the effective date of these amended terms constitutes your acceptance of them.
This User Agreement may not be otherwise amended except through mutual agreement by you and a SoloEbay representative authorized to do so.
The policies posted on our sites may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the SoloEbay site.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this User Agreement. A person who is not a party to this User Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this User Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
The User Agreement, the SoloEbay User Privacy Statement and all policies posted on our site are the entire agreement between you and SoloEbay and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.
The following Sections survive any termination of this User Agreement: Fees(with respect to fees owed for our services), Content, Liability, Compensation, Legal disputes and the release contained in this General section. Legal notices shall be served by registered mail to SoloEbay, Kemp House, 152 – 160, City Road, London – EC1V 2NX. We shall send notices to you by email to the email address you provide to SoloEbay during the registration process. Notice to you shall be deemed given 48 hours after the email is sent unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by registered mail to the address provided during the registration process. Notices sent to either party by registered mail shall be deemed to have been received by that party three days after the date of mailing.